Before moving my e-commerce store over to Shopify about a year and a half ago, I was pretty comfortable with my platform. Although, I kept hearing such good things about Shopify that I had to check it out. Literally, a few minutes after starting my trial I was hooked! I could go on and on about the reasons why, but I have attempted to narrow it down to the top 5 reasons. It’s all about easy with Shopify:
- Easy to get started: Shopify makes it extremely easy to create a store even if you’re not a website designer or developer. There are over 100 awesome looking themes to choose from and most (if not all) are responsive – meaning they will look great on any device. Once you choose your theme, you can easily change fonts, colors, navigation, and the list goes on to ultimately, make it your own. Furthermore, if you don’t have a domain and/or a merchant account, Shopify provides both of those as well.
- Easy to market: Shopify is built with us marketers in mind. They have made it very SEO friendly with the auto generated sitemap and the ability to add your own metatags. Then, for Social Media, they have built in integration. For instance, with the click of a button, you can add all your products for purchase on Facebook!
- Easy to add functionality: This might just be the coolest part about Shopify: the app store! It’s just like for smartphones where you can go to the app marketplace for a functionality you need and most likely find an app for that. For example, do you want your customers to be able to review their purchases? There’s an app for that. In fact, there are several apps for that and a gazillion other things. The best part is that a lot of them are free. There is even a Shopify app so you can process orders on the go!
- Easy access to support: This is where Shopify really shines! 24/7 support. You can call them, online chat with them, email them, or search their vast knowledge base. You will always get a quick and thorough solution to any question you have. I have never had a bad experience with their support. Not even an OK experience – it’s always been superb.
- Easy store management: Shopify has really built the store management interface with the e-commerce store owner in mind. Processing orders is very intuitive and doesn’t take many clicks at all. In fact, you can automate a lot of it just by changing the settings to your liking. It also has editable email templates for all the transactional emails that are sent to your customers, you, and/or your suppliers. The analytics that you get for customers and how they interact on your site is invaluable.
So those are the top 5 off the top of my head, but after writing that – I’ve decided that I need to do at least a Part 2 for this because I’ve only touched the surface on the benefits of Shopify – so stay tuned.
Oh, I just remembered one more easy one – moving from another platform over to Shopify. It’s not as tough as you may think and no, you won’t lose your SEO. I’ve done a bunch of those, so contact me to learn how.
So what are you waiting for?
Because I am a Shopify partner, I can give you an UNLIMITED free trial for however long you like (prior to launching) and if you need help creating your store or switching from your current platform I can help with that too. And, I have fun doing it! Seriously. Just contact me below to get your unlimited free trial.